Answers to frequently asked questions for OWASP AppSec USA 2011
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question not answered on the site or think something should be posted here.
- When was the training? Training was held September 20-21, 2011.
- When were the presentations? Talks were delivered September 22-23.
- Isn't Minneapolis cold? September daytime temperatures usually fall between 65-75 degrees Farenheit, although it was a bit chillier during the actual conference.
- How much did training cost? Visit the page for attending for pricing information.
- How much did the conference cost? Visit the page for attending for pricing information. Speakers received free admission (nontransferable) to the conference in return for delivering a 50 minute talk.
- Were there any discounts for students who wished to attend the conference? Yes! Students got in for only $75.
- How does one volunteer for AppSec USA? Motivated people came forward for OWASP AppSec USA 2011, just like all OWASP AppSec events!
- If I registered for a training course would I go to all of the other trainings? The training courses were long-format offerings. Each two day course spanned two days total. Each one day course spanned one full day. To ensure that classes weren't interrupted and to ensure that cumulative learning could take place, there was no roaming between courses. Do note, though, that it was possible to take two one-day courses provided they were on different days.
- How would I have registered for the conference talks and the training in the same registration? The conference registration options at the registration site allowed one to add training courses during the registration (there was also a training-only registration option on the registration site).
- For future reference, could I have cancelled my registration? You could have cancelled or not showed up after you've registered, but if you didn't notify Sarah Baso at email@example.com of cancellation by August 20, 2011 fees could not be refunded.
- When were the keynotes and talks? The morning keynote started around 8:30 AM Central Time on September 22 and September 23, 2011. The talks commenced around 9:30 AM each day. Lunch (one day was the OWASP Foundation Board, the other was Moxie Marlinspike) were held around 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM each day of talks. The final talk each day finished around 4:30 PM. On September 22 there was some happy hour fun afterward. On September 23, 2011 there was a wrap up session from about 5:00 PM - 5:15 PM. See the schedule.
- How many CPE credits can I earn for having attending the talks? 16 - it is your responsibility to submit CPEs.
- When could I have checked in to the conference? Please see the schedule for more information.
- Was wifi available? Yes. Look for details in the conference program.
- Where are the slides and video? Slides and video will be posted here as slides are received and video is processed and uploaded. The slide and video uploads are now complete.